Baia al Vento Bolgheri DOC Superiore Tenute Ambrogio and Giovanni Folonari
From the selection of grapes from the best vineyards of our Tenuta Campo al Mare in the Bolgheri area.
Tasting: Purple red, lively and deep; on the nose complex descriptors of vanilla with aromatic herbs, rosemary, sage, basil. Notes of ancient woods and beeswax. In the mouth elegant, clean, austere with silky and sweet tannins, pleasantly bitter of cocoa and chocolate. Long, it leaves memories of blackberry and currant, clear in the closing.
At the table: in our "Villa di Nozzole" we like to combine it with stewed wild boar with chanterelles and blueberries, served on a Garfagnana polenta
First harvest: 2007
Shelf life: up to 30 years
- Estates Ambrogio and Giovanni Folonari
- Vines and plants
- 50% Cabernet Franc 50% Merlot
- Production area
- Passo dei Pecorai Greve in Chianti (FI)
- Maceration for about 30 days at a temperature of 28 ° C
- In 500 lt French oak tonneau, half new and half a year, for about 16-18 months Refinement: in bottle at least 12 months
- Bolgheri Superiore DOC
- Bottle Capacity
- 750 ml.
- Alcohol content in %Vol
- Service temperature
- 16 ° / 18 °
- It goes well with stewed wild boar with chanterelles and blueberries, served on a Garfagnana polenta