Capitel Monte Olmi - Amarone della Valpolicella DOC Classico Riserva Tedeschi
Monte Olmi is the name of the vineyard located in Pedemonte di Valpolicella, in the heart of the Valpolicella Classica. It has an extension of 2.5 hectares with southwest exposure. The vineyard is obtained on terraces: the great slope ensures the loss of water in the event of abundant rainfall, while the depth and the predominantly clayey structure allow water to be retained in periods of drought.
In the 1960s, Renzo Tedeschi had the happy idea of separately vinifying the grapes of the Monte Olmi vineyard to give rise to one of the very first Cru of Valpolicella. Today Monte Olmi is the emblematic wine of the company and of the territory.
Color : ruby red with garnet reflections. Clear and transparent.
Nose : fresh, with clear notes of cherry and currant.
Taste : good body, good structure, harmonious and well balanced. The aftertaste confirms the sensations of the olfactory examination.
Duration over time : 5/7 years.
- Vines and plants
- 30% Corvina, 30% Corvinone, 30% Rondinella, 10% Oseleta, Negrara, Dindarella, Croatina and Forselina.
- Production area
- Harvest: end of September, beginning of October. Drying of the grapes in the drying room: humidity control of the environment for about 4 months. Soft pressing Alcoholic fermentation and maceration: 40/60 days / temperature 15 ° C.
- Aging in Slavonian oak barrels: 3/4 years. Bottling and bottle aging: 6 months.
- Amarone della Valpolicella DOC Classic Reserve
- Bottle Capacity
- 750 ml.
- Alcohol content in %Vol
- Service temperature
- 16 ° / 18
- Excellent with game and red meats, aged cheeses.