Inferno Valtellina Superiore DOCG Nino Negri
Grapes such as Nebbiolo (Chiavennasca), Pignola and Pinot Nero, come from the smaller sub-area called Inferno: the local name attributed to the terraced vineyards that are particularly inaccessible and tiring to work.
Vinified "in red" with a long maceration. After 2 months in steel and 18 in large 80 hl Slavonian oak barrels, it is refined for another 4 in the bottle.
- Nino Negri
- Vines and plants
- 95% Chiavennasca (Nebbiolo); 5% Pignola and Merlot.
- Production area
- The ripe grapes, harvested from mid-October to early November, are traditionally vinified "in red", with 10 days of maceration of the skins in the must; fermentation takes place at 25 - 26 ° C
- The new wine remains in the tank for 2 months; then it rests for 18 months in 80 Hl Slavonian oak barrels. Then follows a suitable refinement in the bottle before being marketed.
- Valtellina Superiore DOCG
- Bottle Capacity
- 750 ml.
- Alcohol content in %Vol
- Service temperature
- 18 ° / 20 °
- Excellent with lamb, kid, game, roasted red meat, aged cheeses.