Recioto della Valpolicella Valpantena DOCG Bertani
Very intense purplish red color. Classic notes such as plum, cherry and raspberry stand out, accompanied by hints of spice, vanilla, hay and cocoa. In the mouth it is full, fragrant, intense. The sugars are not high, they leave a long aftertaste of berries, chocolate and licorice.
Bertani produces Recioto with grapes from the hills of Valpantena, the same varieties with which Amarone is produced. It comes from the smallest bunches that are better exposed to the sun, then dried for about three months on the traditional “aréle”. The typical hints of cherry are enhanced by the particular refinement in cherry wood barrels to become a concentrate of morello cherries and sour cherries. Dense and velvety, Recioto is never cloying, it leaves a clean palate with a nutty aftertaste that makes it unique in the whole panorama of sweet wines: sweet, intense red and with the fine tannins of oak. It goes well with baked pastries and fruit tarts and even becomes intriguing when paired with young cheeses and mustards.
Aging: Refine in cherry wood barrels with a capacity of 30 hl, for about 12 months. After bottling, an aging period of at least three months follows.
- Vines and plants
- 80% Corvina Veronese 20% Rondinella
- Production area
- Hills of Valpantena, north of the city of Verona. The soils are of a marl-calcareous nature in the east and clayey-limestone rich in iron in the west.
- Fermentation takes place initially at a very low temperature (4 ° -5 ° C) and then reaches 18 ° C and is stopped before all the sugars are transformed into alcohol.
- Aging in cherry wood barrels with a capacity of 30 hl, for about 12 months. A bottle aging period of at least three months follows.
- Recioto della Valpolicella Valpantena DOCG
- Bottle Capacity
- 750 ml.
- Alcohol content in %Vol
- Service temperature
- 16 ° / 18 °
- It goes well with baked pastries and fruit tarts; it becomes intriguing when paired with young and medium-aged cheeses.