Villa Antinori Chianti Classico DOCG Antinori Reserve
Sangiovese and other complementary varieties to pay homage to a historic label and a wine with a long tradition: the Villa Antinori Chianti Classico Riserva. With the inauguration of the Antinori winery in Chianti Classico, the family wanted to reinterpret a Tuscan classic, with an unmistakable style and recognized quality, through a delicate and at the same time decisive and elegant Riserva.
Starting from the 2010 vintage, Villa Antinori has found a new youth and with the opening of the new cellar in the Chianti Classico, its home. The Antinori family wanted to pay homage to a historic label and a wine with a long tradition. The first vintage was 1928 and up to 2000 it represented the idea of Chianti Classico Riserva over time.
Ruby red in color with slight garnet reflections, the 2013 Villa Chianti Classico Riserva has excellent notes of wild berries, which are well combined with spicy notes of cinnamon and roasted coffee, with slight hints of tobacco. On the palate it is harmonious, enveloping, with silky tannins; long and persistent in the aftertaste, where the fruity and woody notes perceived on the nose return.
- Vines and plants
- 90% Sangiovese, 10% Cabernet
- Production area
- Chianti area
- The grapes, after being destemmed and crushed, were introduced into stainless steel tanks where the alcoholic fermentation took place. Maceration lasted about 20 days.
- At the end of the malolactic fermentation, carried out in stainless steel tanks for the Sangiovese and in second and third passage barriques for the Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva
- Bottle Capacity
- 750 ml.
- Alcohol content in %Vol
- Service temperature
- 16 ° / 18 °
- Throughout the meal, it is enhanced with meat-based main courses, especially grilled. Perfect with the classic Florentine.