Luna Mater Frascati Superiore DOCG Fontana Candida
It is the manifest superiority of a tightrope walker in white, who knows how to stay on the edge of powerful alcohol and wood. Aromatic but evergreen, Mediterranean in body but Nordic in culture, from the glass you can understand the efforts and passion in the vineyard and in the cellar.
This wine wants to recover the noblest viticultural and enological tradition of the Frascati area through the selection of vineyards with an average age of 50 years and which still produce the best typical grapes: in addition to Malvasia di Candia and Lazio, Greco and Bombino .
After the vinification, which is carried out with original techniques, follows an aging period of 12 months, of which at least 4 in the bottle, in the ancient tuff caves of the cellar with constant humidity and temperatures. Thus was born the Luna Mater with the typical wide, intense and complex varietal aromas, with a full and savory flavor, with an elegant and very persistent fruity background.
- Candida Fountain
- Vines and plants
- Malvasia bianca di Candia 50%, Malvasia del Lazio 30%, Greco 10%, Bombino 10%
- Production area
- Frascati, Monteporzio Catone
- The harvest is postponed towards the middle of October and the ripe grapes are selected before harvesting.
- A 1 year refinement follows, of which at least 4 months in bottles laid down in the cellar cave, manually dug into the tuff, with naturally constant temperature and humidity.
- Frascati Superiore DOCG
- Bottle Capacity
- 750 ml.
- Alcohol content in %Vol
- Service temperature
- 10 ° / 12 °
- Ideal with first courses of Roman cuisine, fish, white meats