Stern Sauvignon DOC Kaltern Kellerei
After a relatively mild winter, March was full of rainfall. In April, however, the weather was dry and hot. Flowering came a little earlier than usual, and the summer passed without noticeable periods of heat. Nonetheless, the vegetative advantage dwindled as we approached the harvest season. The first grapes were harvested in early September. The last shipment arrived in the cellar on 9 October. The white wines of the 2020 vintage have a captivating acidity, the reds excel for elegance and finesse.
- straw yellow with greenish reflections
- elderflower, cassis and exotic fruit on the nose
- on the palate notes of currant, flavor, a long persistence of fruit
- Kaltern Kellerei
- Trentino Alto Adige
- Vines and plants
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Production area
- Caldaro. South Tyrol
- Cold maceration of the destemmed grapes for 10/18 hours, soft pressing, natural decantation of the must.
- Slow fermentation at a controlled temperature of 16 ° C (20% in large barrels), maturation on fine lees for 5 months, filtration and bottling in March.
- Sauvignon DOC
- Bottle Capacity
- 750 ml.
- Alcohol content in %Vol
- Service temperature
- 10 ° / 12 °
- It goes well with asparagus, onion soups, snails, croutons, fish dishes.