The Pio Cesare was founded in 1881 and today with about 70 hectares of vineyards with vineyards located in various areas of Barolo, Barbaresco. The production varies between The Nebbiolo and the "Classics”, The "Single-Vineyard”. The Winery Pio Cesare is one of the few remaining in the historic centre of the City of Alba. Built to end ‘700, is crossed and bounded by the Ancient Walls of the roman city Alba Pompeia, which are the foundation and are visible in every corner of it. Situated on 4 different floors, one of which is even below the level of the river Tanaro. The temperatures, of course, the constants and the correct degree of humidity has been crucial for the style and quality of the wines over the years.